Press Enter to search
Washington: At around 6 pm on Saturday evening, the atmosphere outside the White House changed completely. 21-year-old Nasire Best suddenly reached the security checkpoint, took out a revolver and started firing at the Secret Service agents. Agents responded immediately. After being shot, Best was taken to George Washington Hospital, where doctors declared him dead. The biggest thing is that President Trump was inside the White House at the time of the attack. He didn't even get a scratch. No Secret Service agent was injured, but a common man was seriously injured in the firing.
According to CNN report, Best's mental condition was not good. He had been caught roaming around the White House several times before. He used to ask the guards how to go inside. Because of this the Secret Service already knew him. When his social media accounts were searched, surprising things came to light. He used to call himself “the real Osama bin Laden." In one post he had also talked about harming Trump. In June 2025, he was stopping vehicles near the White House. Then he was forcibly sent for mental health checkup. In July he again entered the banned area. Court papers say he referred to himself as “God” and “Jesus Christ.” He told the officers to arrest me. After this the judge ordered him to stay away from the White House. Still he arrived with weapons on Saturday
Eyewitnesses said that Best kept walking strangely near the checkpoint for the first 10-15 minutes. Then suddenly he took out his revolver and fired three rounds. The agents immediately took up positions and returned fire. The White House was put on lockdown for 30 minutes as soon as the gunshots were heard. The journalists present inside were rushed to the press briefing room. ABC reporter Selina Wang said it felt as if “dozens of bullets” had been fired.
After the attack, Trump posted on Truth Social. He thanked the Secret Service and police for their “swift and professional action.” Trump wrote that the attacker had a "violent history" and was "obsessed" with the White House. He also reminded that this incident happened just a month after the White House Correspondents' Dinner shooting. Trump said that it is necessary to create the safest place for the security of the country.
The FBI and the Metropolitan Police are investigating together. Best had no previous criminal record, but his mental condition and social media posts are now a big part of the investigation. The security of the White House is again in question, as this is the second firing in a month.