Rahul Gandhi Stages Dharna at Delhi Police Station With Student Allegedly Injured by Pellets (X@ANI)
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi reached Parliament Street Police Station on Friday, carrying 19-year-old Sahil Lochab, who was allegedly injured by a pellet gun during the 'Chalo Sansad' march in Delhi on July 20. There is an allegation that FIR was not registered on Sahil's complaint. Rahul Gandhi sought information from the police officers about the action taken so far in the case and demanded registration of a case on the complaint. According to Congress, even after reaching the police station, the case was not registered, after which Rahul Gandhi staged a protest outside the police station.
Rahul Gandhi says that Sahil had complained to the police about getting injured during the protest, but the FIR has not been registered yet. With this complaint both of them first reached Connaught Place police station. Later the officials were met at the DCP office located on Parliament Street.
#WATCH | Delhi: Lok Sabha LoP Rahul Gandhi present at the DCP Office at Parliament Street Police Station.
— ANI (@ANI) August 21, 2026
Congress Sources say - "On the 14th, Sahil Lochav (injured during Jantar Mantar protest) went with his lawyers to Delhi Police and gave a written complaint. They refused to… pic.twitter.com/AUbzi2s2pM
On July 20, students and youth marched towards Parliament under the leadership of ‘Cockroach Janata Party’. The protesters were raising issues related to NEET paper leak and examination system. There was controversy over the action of police and security forces while stopping the protesters marching towards Parliament. There were reports of several protesters being injured.
Sahil has alleged that he was injured by a pellet gun during the march. During treatment, it was revealed that there was serious damage to his right eye. According to reports, apart from serious injury to his eye, he also suffered pellet-like injuries on other parts of his body. Doctors had also expressed concern about his eyesight.
There is controversy regarding the use of pellet guns in this entire matter. Delhi Police has denied using pellet guns on the protesters. On the other hand, some reports citing the general diary of Sansad Marg police station claimed that Rapid Action Force personnel had fired cartridges containing plastic pellets from anti-riot guns. Investigation was also started regarding the matter.
According to Delhi Police, New Delhi DCP Sachin Sharma is in constant touch with Rahul Gandhi. According to the police, the complaint has been lodged on behalf of the victim. The Crime Branch of Delhi Police is already investigating all the cases registered on July 20. The complainant has been told that his complaint will also be sent to the Crime Branch for further investigation.
Delhi Police sources say - "New Delhi DCP Sachin Sharma is in continuous contact with Rahul Gandhi. The complaint was filed by the victim. Delhi Police Crime Branch is already investigating all the cases registered on 20th July. The complainant has been told that his complaint… https://t.co/UpNmZWJ2zO
— ANI (@ANI) August 21, 2026
Rahul Gandhi has already raised Sahil's issue publicly. In July, he presented the injured student with him in front of the media and raised questions on the central government regarding the use of force on the protesters. Rahul Gandhi had also written a letter to Union Home Minister Amit Shah asking who had given permission to use pellet guns and other force during the protest.
After reaching Parliament Street Police Station, Rahul Gandhi demanded to register an FIR on Sahil's complaint and give details of the action taken in the case. According to the report, Rahul Gandhi has indicated that he will remain present at the police station till the FIR is registered. Now the focus is on what action the police takes on the complaint and whether a case is registered in the matter or not.
Copyright © 2026 Top Indian News