Top Indian News
+

Pakistan: At Least 16 Killed, Over 14 Injured In Karachi As Building Collapses Due To Cylinder Blast

A cylinder explosion in Pakistan's financial capital Karachi has caused the collapse of a three-story building, killing at least 16 people and injuring 14 others.

Ajeyo Basu
Edited By: Ajeyo Basu
Share This:

A cylinder explosion in Pakistan's financial capital Karachi has caused the collapse of a three-story building. (Image X @AsmatMallick)

Karachi: A cylinder explosion in Pakistan's financial capital Karachi has caused the collapse of a three-story building, killing at least 16 people and injuring 14 others. Among the deceased are four children and six women. According to Pakistani media, the gas cylinder explosion occurred in Soldier Bazaar No. 3 in the Old Soldier Bazar area.

How did the authorities respond?

Rescue workers have arrived at the scene, and a rapid rescue operation is underway. Rescue sources said the explosion occurred on the first floor on Wednesday night. The explosion was so powerful that the entire building collapsed, killing so many people.

According to Geo News, DIG Dr. Farooq Lanzar said that initial information suggests the explosion was caused by a gas leak. He added that there is a possibility that more bodies may still be buried inside the building. He added that rescue and relief efforts are underway at a rapid pace to remove the debris. All the injured have been taken to the hospital. He said that the true cause of the explosion will only be revealed after an investigation. It will be investigated whether the building was legal or illegal. If it is illegal, action will be taken.

What is the Karachi explosion death toll?

Rescue teams have launched a search operation and recovered several bodies and injured people from the rubble. The deceased include a 10-year-old girl and a 60-year-old man. Efforts are underway to identify all the victims. A 14-year-old girl has been rescued and is being treated at a hospital. The search of the building has been completed, and debris is being removed. Police have cordoned off the entire area and security has been tightened.

Sindh rescue teams reported that the death toll has now risen to 16, with 14 people injured. Meanwhile, Dr. Mohammad Sabir Memon, a doctor at the Civil Hospital's trauma center, said three bodies had been brought to his facility. All senior officials have arrived at the scene. Rescue team officer Dr. Abid Sheikh explained that the building was made up of small rooms. The limited space made the rescue operation very difficult.

Latest News

×